Small daily task can be of great impact.
Here are 5 at home tips for living a sustainable life:
- Don’t forget your re-suable bags when shopping. Always pass on the plastic and if it just a few items carry them out, it will be one less bag.
- When grocery shopping purchase foods with less packaging.
- Talk the talk and walk the walk by taking the stairs, riding your bike, etc.
- Enough with the bottled water already, bring your own and fill it up!
- No thank you no straw please. Sticking a reusable straw in your bag or pocket is easy, it’s the remembering part that is difficult.
Here are 5 tips for around the office for inspiring a sustainable workplace:
- Eliminate disposables in the workplace entirely.
- Start pot luck Tuesdays, with themed meals, and bring your own plate (BYOP)
- Inspire one less bag by giving re-usable bags with company logo to customers – win win!
- Make sure recycling and trash stations are in same location and properly labeled.
- Replace your lightbulbs with low volt LEDs.